I. Create a VPN Concentrator network.
Watch this video for more details: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1yFDANZcGY
II. Download the concentrator image from Dashboard.
III. Upload the Virtual Machine to the datastore.
- Select previously created VPN Concentrator network from the "Network:" drop down.
- Navigate to Monitor --> Concentrator status.
- On the Status page, click the "Download" link to download the VMware image.
- Extract the ZIP file to a location accessible to your ESX server.
- Open vSphere client and login.
- Select the desired VM host on the left side window.
- Click "Configuration."
- Click "Storage."
- Right click on the desired Datastore in the right window and select "Browse Datastore."
- Create a folder for your VPN concentrator files.
- Select the folder and then press the icon to "Upload files to this datastore."
IV. Add the appliance to your VM Inventory.
- While in the Datastore Browser, right click on the esx.vmx the virtual machine file and select "Add to Inventory."
- Follow through the guided wizard:
V. Enable "Promiscuous Mode", "MAC Address Changes", and "Forged Transmits" on your vSwitch or Port Group.
- Adjust the name of your VM as desired
- Select the resource pool within which you wish to run this vm
- Verify and select "Finish."
- Log in to the ESX/ESXi host using vSphere Client.
- Select the ESX/ESXi host in the inventory.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- In the Hardware section, click Networking.
- Click Properties of the vSwitch.
- Modify the vSwitch or choose the Port Group used by the VM and click Edit.
- Click the Security tab.
- Set Promiscuous Mode, MAC Address Changes, and Forged transmits to Accept.
VI. Power on the Virtual Machine.
VII. Verify the Concentrator Status on the Cloud Controller.
- Right click the VPN concentrator VM and select Power > Power On
- Select the Console tab and monitor the VM appliance as it boots up.
- Verify that the appliance reports to have a LAN IP as this is a confirmation the appliance is up and functional.
- From the Concentrator status page, you should see the connection graph turn green on the far right side. You can also "Ping concentrator" to get a realtime status of the connection.
- Once Dashboard has connected to the VPN concentrator, you should be able to assign your various SSIDs to utilize this VPN system.