Sometimes it is necessary to whitelist a gaming console because they are unable to interact with a Splash-page.
Please use the steps below to find the MAC address of popular gaming consoles. A MAC address is a unique alphanumeric identifier (can contain numbers 0-9 or the letters A through F). MAC addresses are often broken up into pairs using colons or dashes (e.g.12:34:56:4a:5b:6c).
Note: It is critical to write down the MAC address correctly because every character is important.
- Power on your X-BOX without a disc in the system.
- Select “Settings” in the X-BOX dashboard and then select “Network Settings”.
- The MAC address of the system is located on the bottom right-hand corner of the Network Settings screen. (It usually has “MAC=” in front of it.)
Microsoft X-Box 360
- Power on your XBOX 360 without a disc in the system.
- In the “System” area of the XBOX 360 dashboard select “Network Settings”.
- Select “Edit Settings”.
- From “Advanced Settings” select “Advanced Settings”.
- On this screen you should see “Wired MAC Address” followed by the MAC address of the system.
Sony PlayStation 2
Sony PlayStation 3
- Power on your Playstation 2 with the “Network Adaptor Startup Disc”.
- Once the disc is loaded select “ISP Setup” and then agree to the license agreement that is presented.
- When prompted for a network type select “Local Area Network (LAN)”.
- Next select “Automatic Configuration”.
- At the “Connection Test” screen select “Advanced”.
- On the next screen you should see the MAC address of the system after “MAC address:”.
- Navigate to Settings
- Select System Settings.
- Select System Information.
- View information on the PS3 system. The MAC address is shown there.
- From the Wii Channel screen select the “Wii” button then go into “Wii Settings”.
- On the second page find the option “Internet” then go under “Console Information”.
- This screen should have a line with “USB Ethernet Adapter MAC Address” or “LAN Adapter MAC Address” or similar.
- Remove the GameCube’s broadband adapter from the console.
- Printed on the underside of the adaptor is the MAC address.
- Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Setup in the game's menu.
- Select "Options," then "System Information." The MAC address is on the top line.