This article is to be used as a short reference guide on how to manually set up a WPA2-Enterprise with RADIUS Authentication (IEEE 802.1X) wireless profile on Android devices. This profile will allow the client devices to connect to the SSIDs configured with WPA2-Enterprise with 802.1X authentication as the association requirement.
- At the home page, navigate to Settings.
- Navigate to Wi-Fi > Add Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the Network SSID name and choose 802.1x EAP from the Security drop-down menu.
- Choose PEAP from the EAP method drop-down menu.
- Choose MSCHAPV2 from the Phase 2 authentication drop-down menu.
- Enter the domain and username in the Identity field. Use the domain/username format.
Note: If the SSID is Meraki Authentication, the Identity field should contain the email address used for the Meraki Auth account.
- Enter the password for the corresponding username in the password field.
- Optionally, check the Show Password check-box to verify that the password was entered correctly.
- Press Save in order to save the changes.
Note: This WPA2-Enterprise Profile Setup guide is based on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 with Android version 4.1.1. The setup process may vary slightly on other Android devices. However, the setup should be fairly similar.