The following instructions outline how to use the password reset feature for network users.
Note: If you are trying to reset the password for an administrator's Meraki dashboard account, please refer to our KB documentation on resetting an Organization or Network administrator password.
Resetting a network user password as a Dashboard administrator:
- In the dashboard, navigate to Network-wide > Configure > Users.
- Use the search box to find your user. Remember that the user list only lists up to the last month of active users, so searching may be necessary.
- Choose the user you'd like to reset.
- A green 'Edit user' dialog will appear. Next to 'Password', click the word 'Change'.
- You will be presented with a password reset box where you can specify the new password for the user.
- Select 'Save changes' for the 'Edit user' box
- Select 'Save changes' at the bottom of the page.
Resetting a network user password as an end user:
Note: This method only works for Guest accounts (Client VPN and Splash Sign-on with Meraki Cloud). Meraki 802.1X accounts (Enterprise with Meraki Cloud Authentication) cannot have their passwords reset using this method.
- Navigate to https://account.meraki.com/account/account_login (screenshot below)
- Choose 'I forgot my password'
- Enter your email address and click 'Reset password'
- You will receive an email with a link to reset your password if the end user account exists
- Follow instructions from the email to reset your password