The MT line of sensors have a robust and easy to set up alerts in order to notify a user in the event of threshold violation. This article outlines the process to create an Alert Profile and assign it to a sensor.
Each alert profile may have multiple sensor thresholds which trigger based on the conditions specified. We can assign multiple email recipients, as well as a phone number for SMS notification.
NOTE: No Twilio integration is required for SMS notifications to operate.
Setting up an Alert Profile
Once the MT sensors are set up correctly and reporting data to the dashboard, in order to set up notifications, an Alert Profile must be created. The Alert Profiles can also be set to only send alerts during a set schedule. To create an Alert Profile, follow the steps outlined below.
- Navigate to Environmental > Overview > Alert Profiles.
- Select New environmental alert.
- Provide a name and set an Alerting Schedule. If Always is going to be selected, skip to step 11.
- If Alerting Schedule is set to Scheduled the alerts will only be sent during the specified timeframe.
- Click on Change schedules.
- Create a New Schedule
- Provide a name and select a schedule for the alert to be enabled:
- Click on Done to save the alert schedule.
- Click on Select for the newly created schedule. You should see Selected under the schedule.
- Click Save to have it appear under Alerting Schedule.
- Alert Conditions can be set for Temperature, Humidity, Water, and Door states. Along with that an Alert back off can be optionally set for each metrics(with the exception of Water Detection) in case the alert only needs to be sent if the state persists for an extended period of time.
- An Email or SMS Recipient can be added in the field for notifications. As per the note, all default recipients in the network-wide alerts will be automatically subscribed.
- Selecting Save will save the Alert Profile.
Note: The alert profile will be sent if ANY of the condition's thresholds are triggered.
Note: As the UI suggests, all recipients under Network-wide > Alerts are automatically subscribed. This includes any subscribed Webhook Servers.
Assigning the Alert Profile
After the Alert Profiles has been created, it needs to assigned to a set of sensors. It can be assigned by 2 methods:
Individually from the Sensor Details page:
- Once the Alert Profile has been created, navigate to Environmental > Monitor > Overview > Sensors and Select a sensor.
- On the left side rail, the pencil button under the Environmental Alert Profile section will bring up a modal to Assign Alert Profiles.
- Select the desired Alert Profile and click Save.
- After the Alert Profile has been created, navigate to Environmental > Monitor > Overview > Sensors.
- Check the box next to multiple sensors and click on More actions > manage alert profiles button in the top-right.
- Select the desired Alert Profile(s) and hit Save.
The MT device alerts also generates Webhook Alerts when any of the conditions on an Alert Profile are met. A webhook server can be scoped to any alert profile.
Here are the steps to get a Webhook Alert for MT sensors:
- Create and add a Webhook Server under Network-wide > Alerts.
- Add a new Environmental Alert Profile using any of the methods mentioned in Setting up an Alert Profile and scope the Webhook Server created in step 1.
For additional help on creating Webhook servers, see Webhook setup for more information.