Configuring Virtual VPN concentrator with a static IP address
The VM concentrator is no longer available for new networks. The following documentation exists for administrators with an existing VM concentrator deployment.
Please follow the steps below to configure your Cisco Meraki Virtual VPN concentrator with a static IP address.
Locate the current IP address and serial number of your Meraki Virtual Appliance
- Log into Dashboard.
- Choose the network containing the VPN concentrator from the Network drop down.
- Navigate to Monitor>Concentrator status.
- Locate the IP address shown for the Internet port IP: value.
- Locate the serial number shown for Serial number: value.
Note: The IP address can also be found by viewing your Virtual Appliance in VMware Player.
Configure a static IP address
- From a computer in the same Layer 2 broadcast domain as the Virtual Appliance, but not the same computer hosting the Virtual Appliance, open a web browser and type the IP address from Step I in the address bar.
- If you entered the correct IP address and the VPN concentrator is online, you will be on the Meraki Local status page of the VPN concentrator.
- Click Uplink Configuration.
- Enter the username (serial number) and no password. The username is case sensitive and requires dashes.
- Click Log in.
- Under Device Configuration Select Use Static IP address from the IP address drop down.
- Enter your Static IP address settings which includes an IP address, Netmask, Gateway address, DNS server 1 address and DNS server 2 address.
- Click Save settings button when you are finished.
Note: The Local status page provides the ability to configure the Virtual Appliance for VLAN tagging.If you are unsure about using this setting leave the VLAN tagging drop down set to Don't use VLAN tagging. However, if you choose to enable Use VLAN tagging from the VLAN tagging drop down, enter the appropriate VLAN IDin the VLAN ID field. The appliance will insert a 802.1q header with this VLAN id into each Ethernet frame.