When the Meraki click-through splash-page is enabled, users must view and acknowledge the splash page before being allowed on the network.
The following instructions explain how to enable and configure an SSID with a click-through splash page:
- Log into Dashboard.
- Navigate to Configure>Access control or Wireless>Configure>Access control if in Combined view.
- Select your SSID from the SSID drop down.
- Under the section Network access, locate the Splash Page section.
- Select the Click-through radio button. Once selected, captive portal selections will appear.
- Select your captive portal strength from the Captive portal strength drop down.
- Allow non-HTTP traffic prior to sign-on: All traffic types except for TCP port 80 are allowed before the splash page is acknowledged.
- Block all access until sign-on is complete All traffic types are blocked until the splash page is acknowledged.
- Select the desired Controller disconnection behavior.
- Click the Save changes button.
Note: The AP looks for HTTP GET requests on TCP port 80 in order to redirect users to the Splash page. If Block all access until sign-on is complete is enabled, and the user attempts to access a web page that uses HTTPS, the AP will be unable to redirect the browser to the Splash page because the web traffic is encrypted. Additionally, if the user attempts the access a web page that uses a different port other than TCP port 80 the connection will also be blocked. In either case the users browser will timeout. If this is occurring, verify users are accessing a web page using HTTP over TCP port 80.
For more information on troubleshooting click through splash pages, see below: