Follow these basic steps to get started, and read further for more detailed information about the MV.
Log in to the Meraki Dashboard. If this is your first Meraki device, create a new account.
Find the network you wish to add your camera(s) to, or create a new camera network. If a camera option does not appear on the Create Network page, please Contact Meraki Support for assistance.
Add your camera(s) to the network. You will need the serial number of each camera, which can be found at the bottom of the camera or on the box that the camera arrived in.
Unpack your MV.
Connect your MV a PoE wired connection with internet access.
After powering on, your MV will download the latest firmware from the Meraki cloud and update itself. This process can take up to an hour depending on the speed of your internet connection.
Set up the camera(s) as desired using the "Configure" section of the dashboard.
You're done! You should now see a live video feed from your camera(s) on the dashboard.
The camera can get warm in operation. After initial boot, ensure the camera is properly deployed with the included mount plate, which is an important part of cooling the camera.
Quickly Scan and Claim Multiple Devices through the Meraki Mobile App
If you have to claim multiple devices, the quickest way is by scanning their barcode using the Meraki app.
- Log in to your Meraki iOS or Android app with your Meraki dashboard account. Create a new account if you do not have one.
- Navigate to the correct network through left-side bar.
- Go to the Devices tab from the bottom navigation bar.
- Select the + icon on the top right of the screen and pick Scan new device barcode.
- Point your phone camera towards the hardware barcode to claim the device.
- Enter device information and then select Done. Press Add another to claim a new device.
- Rainbow (solid, rotating through colors) - MV is booting up.
- Flashing Blue - MV is searching for Wi-Fi network(s).
- Flashing Green - MV is upgrading or initializing for the first time.
- Solid Green - MV is connected via Ethernet.
- Solid Blue - MV is connected via Wi-Fi.
- Solid Violet - MV has audio recording enabled.
- Solid Amber - MV has an issue and may need replacement.
For model-specific information and more detailed instructions, please see our Installation Guides or the instruction pamphlet within your MV box.
Note: It is extremely beneficial to utilize the Meraki mobile app when doing first-time deployments.
Note: During first-time setup, the camera will automatically update to the latest stable firmware. Some features may be unavailable until this automatic update is complete. After the firmware has downloaded, which could take up to an hour depending on internet connection speed, it may take up to an additional 10 minutes to enable whole disk encryption.