Web clips offer an easy way to push web links to iOS clients, based on profile membership. Web clips can be configured in Dashboard, under MDM > Settings > Web Clips.
The image below shows an example web clip that points to meraki.cisco.com, as well as the web clip as shown on an iOS device:
- Label: The label that will be displayed on the device in question.
Note: After this has been pushed to a device editing the name on dashboard will not cause the label to change on the device.
- URL: Destination site for the web clip.
Note: This URL should only link to a direct site, redirects are not supported by web clips.
- Icon: The icon that is displayed on the client. By default, web clips use a simple grey/white icon.
- Removable: If disabled, the only way to remove the web clip will be to wipe the device itself; removal of the profile won't remove the clip.
- Full Screen: Forces the icon to remain consistent, so it is recommended to enable this setting when using a custom icon. If unchecked, the icon will change to the navicon of the destination site when opened.
- Precomposed: If enabled, the icon will display exactly as uploaded. If disabled, Dashboard will add some minor aesthetic changes to improve the icon's look on the end device.
Note: WebClips are considered to be an 'app' for the purposes of the Show/Hide Apps payload. If you are using this in conjunction with WebClips, ensure that you add 'com.apple.webapp' to the shown apps.