This is a collection of common questions and issues around the account setup process:
Note: If you encounter issues, check out the Account Setup Troubleshooting guide.
What use cases ARE supported?
- One to one (1:1) Meraki to Umbrella organization (org) mapping
- Pre-existing Meraki org (Meraki Brownfield)
- New Meraki org (Meraki Greenfield)
- Pre-existing Umbrella org (Umbrella Brownfield)*
- See exceptions below
- New Umbrella org (Umbrella Greenfield)
- Umbrella customers with the Multi-org can continue to use Multi-org with Cisco Secure Connect. To do this, they must order Multi-org at the same time when they order Secure Connect. It's crucial to note that there is no direct integration between Secure Connect and Multi-org. Customers can access Multi-org via their existing Multi-org dashboard. Furthermore, the use of Multi-org will remain limited to DNS content and security policy management.
What use cases are NOT supported?
- One-to-many Meraki to Umbrella org mapping
- Many-to-one Meraki to Umbrella org mapping
- Umbrella Remote Browser Isolation is not supported in Secure Connect
- Upgrade of an Umbrella Org that was purchased through EA
Are there any technical limitations regarding one-to-many and many-to-one org mapping?
A 1:1 org mapping between one Meraki org and one Umbrella org is required for Secure Connect. It is established through API key exchange, initiated by the onboarding process (email). This ensures that single sign-on (SSO), reporting, and other capabilities work as intended.
A one-to-many relationship between Meraki and Umbrella orgs is not supported.
What are the known caveats?
Umbrella orgs are not “aware” of which Meraki org they are mapped to. Implications of this are:
- Users cannot file a Secure Connect Support ticket from the Umbrella dashboard after logging into Umbrella directly.
- Users cannot launch directly into their Meraki org after logging into Umbrella directly.
Note: if you need to contact support for any help with the following issues, providing them with a the Umbrella Organization ID and link to your Meraki Dashboard will expedite the process. See below for how to find your Umbrella org ID. How to Contact Support
How can I change the email account associated with Secure Connect?
To change the email account associated with Secure Connect, you should contact Secure Connect support. They will assist you in updating the email account to the desired one.
What happens if the name does not coincide with the business name of our company?
If the name in the welcome email does not coincide with the business name of your company, you should contact Secure Connect support. They will assist you in resolving any discrepancies and updating the information to accurately reflect your business name.
What is the org number that appears in the welcome email, and how can I benefit from knowing it?
The org number that appears in the welcome email is a unique identifier for your organization within the Secure Connect system. Knowing your org number can be beneficial when communicating with Secure Connect support or referencing your organization's account details. It helps them quickly locate and identify your organization in their systems, making it easier to provide you with the necessary support and assistance.
Once you are logged into the correct dashboard, check the URL in the address bar: https://dashboard.umbrella.com/o/<*OrgID*>/#/<*page*>
<OrgID> represents your unique Umbrella Org ID.
How can I get the email re-sent?
If you need the welcome email to be resent, you can reach out to Secure Connect support and request a re-send. They will be able to assist you in sending the email to the specified email address again.
How can I confirm if an Umbrella or Meraki dashboard is associated with the account the email was sent to?
To confirm if there is any existing Umbrella or Meraki dashboard associated with the account the email was sent to, you can check your email inbox for any previous communications or account activation emails from Secure Connect.
Additionally, you can contact Secure Connect support, provide them with the account details, and request confirmation. They will be able to verify if there are any Umbrella or Meraki dashboards already linked to the account.
Why aren't the dashboards linking automatically?
If the dashboards are not linking automatically, there could be various reasons for this issue. It could be due to technical glitches, configuration mismatches, or compatibility issues. In such cases, it is best to reach out to Secure Connect support for troubleshooting assistance. They can help identify the root cause of the problem and guide you in resolving it.
What happens if I don't see Secure Connect capabilities activated in the Umbrella or Meraki dashboard?
If you don't see Secure Connect capabilities activated in the Umbrella dashboard, it could be due to various reasons such as account provisioning issues or a delay in the activation process. In such cases, it is recommended to contact Secure Connect support and inform them about the situation. They will be able to investigate and ensure that the Secure Connect capabilities are properly activated in your Umbrella dashboard.