Test driving networking gear before you commit is vital; the equipment must work in your specific environment for your specific use cases and meet your specific criteria.
Because of this, almost every Cisco Meraki product is available for free evaluation.
How to get a Free Trial
How to Claim a Free Trial
If you are a new Meraki customer but have a Demo Organization associated with your email you will need to make a regular Dashboard organization in order to properly claim your trial. Simply log out of Dashboard and go through the account creation process using your existing email and password.
Trials can take up to 24 hours to process. If you are unable to claim your trial please wait a bit before trying again.
Use the Trial URL
You will receive a trial URL as part of the trial process. This link will give you an overview of the trial as well as the ability to claim (and initiate a return for) the trial.
Viewing and Returning a Trial
Once your trial is claimed you will be able to see the trial details under Organization > License Info.
Here you can see when the trial is set to expire as well as the order number. Clicking the order number will take you back to the trial URL where you can initiate a return.
Please note: Per device licensing currently does not have this Returns hyperlink. To return the trial you will need to use the original trial link provided to you.
Moving a Trial to Another Organization
Trials can be moved to another organization by following these steps:
- Unclaim all hardware from the trial that has been claimed
- Contact Support to have them unlink your trial
- Claim the trial onto the new organization
If you do not unclaim all hardware the trial may automatically link back to the current organization
Support for Free Trials
All customers on free trials are entitled to Meraki's traditional enterprise support. You can use Support for any questions or technical issues you have.
Please note that the traditional Support team will not be able to provide a detailed guided walkthrough of Dashboard.
Free Trial Adoption Team
Eligible customers will be reached out to by the Free Trial Adoption (FTA) team. This typically covers those who have a trial from the Meraki Sales team for a product they do not own. The FTA team will assist you with any Meraki related items regarding your trial. This includes assistance with setting up the product, providing a walkthrough of Dashboard and the features, as well as addressing additional questions or technical issues you might have.
If you are in contact with a member of the FTA team please prioritize reaching out to them over traditional Support (when possible).
The Free Trial Adoption team currently provides English support in Canada and the USA as well as the EMEA and APJC regions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long is a trial for?
- Trials are typically 14 days in length.
- What is something came up and 14 days is not enough time for me to evaluate the product?
- If something caused a delay in your testing and you need more time you can talk to your Sales Rep about the possibility of an extension.
- Why don't I have a network for my product after claiming my trial?
- A guide on creating networks can be found here.
- I've waited 24 hours but I still cannot claim my trial.
- The trial may have gotten claimed to another of your Organization. Reach out to Support to have them investigate further.
- Why is the trial still in my Organization when it is expired?
- I claimed my trial but some of the hardware was not claimed.
- This is unlikely to happen but in this situation you will need to manually claim the missing hardware.
- What do I do if my trial is wrong?
- If your trial has the wrong licenses or hardware you need to contact your Sales Rep to have them resolve your issue.
- My Advanced Security trial license is stopping me from claiming my new Enterprise license.
- It is recommended that you allow your trial to be removed naturally in this case. Alternatively you can reach out to Support to have them remove the trial from your organization.
Recently updated(date updated)
Recently added(date created)