Meraki Vision is a camera viewing portal designed for core physical security use cases. It allows you to easily navigate between cameras to view video, conduct Motion Search and share footage.
You can navigate to the portal using the Cameras > Monitor > Meraki Vision portal link.
The portal is currently in beta. Some limitations are expected. Please report any feedback through the "Feedback" button.
It will not include any functionality related to camera settings, configuration, troubleshooting, or camera analytics.
This top header allows you to do general things on the portal, including: Search, Log Out, Head back to Dashboard, Help.
Use this to log out of the portal or head back to the dashboard.
Use this to view Meraki documentation, keyboard shortcuts.
Use this left navigation pane to move between:
- Different Networks in the Same Organization
- Video Walls (those created on your dashboard network will be migrated here)
Ensure that you have placed cameras on a Map & floor plan so you can maximize this feature. (See this link on how to do that.)
This mini-map shows you the camera you have selected on the camera list (in blue), and the cameras that are around it (green). Use the + and - buttons to zoom in and out.
Use this list and associated thumbnails to click on a specific camera to view. Cameras are arranged alphabetically. Offline cameras are grouped together at the bottom. Use the Search bar to search by camera name.
This is your main video player page. Use this to watch video.
Camera Name & Tags
You can view the camera name and associated tags at the top of this screen. Tags are added by Network admins on the Meraki Dashboard.
You can do the following from the bottom of this player:
- Use the timepicker to select a specific date and time
- Use the calendar for the date
- Use the clock for the time
- Use the Natural Language Processing Input for a quicker way of navigation with a keyboard
- You can do use statements like "Yesterday at 1pm" or "Last Friday"
- Use the buttons to:
- Play / Pause
- Forward 1 frame
- Rewind 1 frame
- Fast Forward 10 seconds
- Rewind 10 seconds
- Playback at 0.5x, 1x, 2x and 4x
- Use the video timeline to navigate between timestamps. Use the + and - buttons to change the resolution of the timeline.
- Click on the orange motion blocks to view motion events.
- Use the buttons on the right to:
- Turn audio on/off if audio recording is enabled
- Create an Internal Link to that piece of footage
- Export an MP4 file
- To do this, click Export.
- Then, select the time range using either the input boxes or the draggable handles on the timeline.
- Hit Submit!
- View your export on the Exports page.
- Take a Screenshot
- View in Fullscreen
Use a time range and a region of interest in order to find relevant events. Follow the steps below to do a Motion Search.
- Select a region of interest.
- Select a time range. Use one of the presets if that works for you!
- Select "Search".
- Wait until you start to see results in the form of Motion Recap images. Some events are long and are made up of multiple Motion Recap images.
- Click on an image to view the full clip. It will start playing by default.
- Click on the button below to navigate to the full video feed, so you can examine more footage.
- You can use the arrows next to the image to navigate between results.
- Click on the Help button on the top-right to learn what keyboard shortcuts are available!
View the exports you've generated on a particular camera. Click on the export to:
- View the export
- Share a link to download the export
- Download the export
- View details such as when it was created, who created it, when it expires
- View its SHA-256 checksum to verify integrity of the video
Video Walls Page
You can view your Video Walls from Dashboard on this page as well, with some video actions.
The interface should work on all modern browsers on the desktop.
As a progressive web app (PWA), the interface can be installed to run natively.
You can install it by opening up Google Chrome and downloading it using the install button on the right side of the address bar.
If you do not see the install icon, try disabling Ad-Blocker as this may be preventing detection of the PWA app in Google Chrome
Mobile Tablet Usage
Make sure to "Enable desktop site" on your mobile tablet for best experience.
For Android, any browser will also allow installable progressive web app experience. On iOS, this is enabled with Safari.
Use the Feedback button on the bottom right to let us know your thoughts on the interface. Read the section below for a list of known gaps and issues.
June 23rd, 2021
- Adds page titles
- Correctly shows fisheye thumbnails on mini-map over
- Adding FoV to the cameras on the mini-map
April 20th, 2021
- Adds searchability to camera list
- Adds visibility over tags
- Adds audio/on button for footage with audio enabled
- Resolves an issue where export and Motion Search date/time pickers do not accept natural language input
April 6th, 2021
- Adds playback speed controls while in fullscreen
March 17th, 2021
- Motion Search preset ranges
- Video wall list can now be scrolled
- Resolves an issue where video tile name locations do not match where the video is located
- Stability and performance improvements during video playback
January 25th, 2021
- Changed location of the link back to the Meraki Dashboard to bottom-right
- Makes the interface installable as a progressive web app
- Allows you to zoom into a specific camera on the video wall
- Alphabetizes your networks on the network drop-down
- Digital zoom level is reset when switching between cameras
- Allows you to see multiple Motion Recap images associated with a single event
- Allows you to download a Motion Recap image