Meraki Vision is a camera viewing portal designed for core physical security use cases. It allows you to easily navigate between cameras to view video, conduct Motion Search and share footage.
You can navigate to the portal using the Cameras > Monitor > Meraki Vision portal link.
The portal is currently in beta. Some limitations are expected. Please report any feedback through the "Feedback" button.
It will not include any functionality related to camera settings, configuration, troubleshooting or camera analytics.
This picture here calls out the basic parts of the interface: the header, left navigation, and the bottom navigation.
By default, the bottom navigation opens up the video feed: with the video player and video timeline.
This top header allows you to do general things on the portal, including: Search, Log Out, Change Organization, Help.
Use this to log out of the portal.
Use this left navigation pane to move between cameras and video walls.
Ensure that you have placed cameras on a Map & floor plan so you can maximize this feature. (See this link on how to do that.)
This mini-map shows you the camera you have selected on the camera list (in blue), and the cameras that are around it (green). Use the + and - buttons to zoom in and out.
Use this list and associated thumbnails to click on a specific camera to view. Cameras are arranged alphabetically. Offline cameras are grouped together at the bottom.
Here, you can switch between the different pages. Either view your video feed, conduct a Motion Search, or view your camera's created exports.
This is your main video player page. Use this to watch video. You can do the following from here:
- Use the timepicker to select a specific date and time
- Use the calendar for the date
- Use the clock for the time
- Use the Natural Language Processing Input for a quicker way of navigation with a keyboard
- You can do use statements like "Yesterday at 1pm" or "Last Friday"
- Use the buttons to:
- Play / Pause
- Forward 1 frame
- Rewind 1 frame
- Fast Forward 10 seconds
- Rewind 10 seconds
- Playback at 0.5x, 1x, 2x and 4x
- Use the video timeline to navigate between timestamps. Use the + and - buttons to change the resolution of the timeline.
- Click on the orange motion blocks to view motion events.
- Use the buttons on the right to:
- Create an Internal Link to that piece of footage
- Export an MP4 file
- To do this, click Export.
- Then, select the time range using either the input boxes or the draggable handles on the timeline.
- Hit Submit!
- View your export on the Exports page.
- Take a Screenshot
- View in Fullscreen
Use a time range and a region of interest in order to find relevant events. Follow the steps below to do a Motion Search.
- Select a region of interest.
- Select a time range.
- Select "Search".
- Wait until you start to see results in the form of Motion Recap images. Some events are long and are made up of multiple Motion Recap images.
- Click on an image to view the full clip. It will start playing by default.
- Click on the button below to navigate to the full video feed, so you can examine more footage.
- You can use the arrows next to the image to navigate between results.
- Click on the Help button on the top-right to learn what keyboard shortcuts are available!
View the exports you've generated on a particular camera. Click on the export to:
- View the export
- Share a link to download the export
- Download the export
- View details such as when it was created, who created it, when it expires
- View its SHA-256 checksum to verify integrity of the video
Mobile Tablet Usage
Make sure to "Enable desktop site" on your mobile tablet for best experience.
Use the Feedback button on the bottom right to let us know your thoughts on the interface. Read the section below for a list of known gaps and issues.