Secure Connect is delivered via capabilities based on both Meraki and Umbrella dashboards. The goal of the account creation between dashboards is to create one unified experience between Secure Connect ( Meraki ) and Umbrella dashboard.
Using the same email account between Meraki and Umbrella for admin users while provisioning will enable logged-in Secure Connect users to automatically be logged into the Umbrella dashboard when clicking on any Umbrella link, regardless of whether they've manually logged into Umbrella.
During the account creation process, the default admin is created during the initial onboarding but any subsequent admins that need to be added must follow the below process for access to the dashboard.
For more details on how this works : Sign on Once
Meraki - Managing Organization Permissions
All permissions for a dashboard organization can be managed under Organization > Administrators, however, this page is only visible to users with full or read-only organization access. Changes on this page can only be made by users with full organization access.
Adding an Organization Admin
Under Organization > Administrators
- Click Add admin along the right side of the page.
- Enter the admin's Name and the Email (use the same email as Umbrella account creation below ) they will use to log in.
- Choose a level of Organization Access as defined in the Organization Permission Types section within this doc.
- Click Create admin.
- An email will be sent to the email address entered with a temporary password and instructing the user how to log in.
- Click Save changes.
More Details for Meraki account creation : Managing Administrators Access
Umbrella Account Creation
- Navigate to Admin > Accounts and click New.
- Enter the new user's email address ( use the same email as Meraki account creation above)and select a user role, then click Send Invitation.
Note: The user role you select controls the level of access an account has to your Umbrella dashboard. To learn more, see Manage User Roles.
- A message is sent to the new user's email address with instructions for setting a password. The account status is Pending until they create a password and log into their account. Afterward, the status becomes Active.
The new user now has access to your Umbrella dashboard. Their user role controls their level of access.
For more details on Umbrella account creation: Umbrella account creation