Organizations provide administrative containers for different networks which contain similar devices like access points, switches, or security appliances. Within an Organization you can create multiple networks which contain devices from different sites and locations. Multiple organizations can be linked together under a single login by using the same username and password when creating a new account/organization.
This article explains how to create a new Account/Organization in Dashboard.
Creating a Dashboard Account
Note: If creating an additional organization as an MSP, or for more information on using multiple organizations, please reference our documentation here for specific instructions.
- Go to dashboard.meraki.com. Recommended browsers are Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Create an account.
- Fill in the fields presented.
- Email - This e-mail address will become the Organization admin and will have access to all of the networks created within the Organization.
- Full name - The name of the person/group managing the account.
- Password - The password that will be used to login to dashboard. This must be at least 8 characters long. Dashboard will give you feedback on the strength of the password chosen.
- Company - The name of this organization in dashboard. Typically the name of company or customer.
- Address - The default address for this organization. Not required.
- If you have a problem reading the displayed CAPTCHA, click on Get another CAPTCHA to get a new one.
- Click the Create account button once all the required information is properly entered.
If your Organization does not come up immediately, then please follow this link to reset your password: Resetting Account Password
Once the account/organization has been created, networks can be added for holding different devices. For more information on creating networks, visiting the knowledge base article on create and deleting dashboard networks.
- By default, a dashboard account is Pro edition when newly created. It can be upgraded by applying Enterprise license keys. MR, MS and MX devices are considered Enterprise series products and can only be added to Enterprise and above networks. MR58 access points are an exception, they can be added to both Pro- and Enterprise-edition dashboard accounts.
- If receiving an error message of "Some of the devices you tried claiming are in use" or other similar message, then it is very likely that the device is currently claimed within a different account. Make sure to remove the node from the other network, wait about 5 minutes and try again.
- If the dashboard won't take the entered order numbers, then it may have already been used. Refer to the order, then add the license key and device serial numbers manually. Otherwise, contact Cisco Meraki Support for assistance.