There are some circumstances where an organization needs to be deleted, typically to remove a defunct account or an org that was created on accident.
This article walks through requirements and steps to delete an organization from Dashboard.
Before an organization can be deleted, it must meet the following list of requirements:
- Organizations can only be deleted by a full-access organization admin.
- There can be no other users on the organization (under Organization > Configure > Administrators), other than the one organization admin.
Note: This includes disabling SAML authentication if it is enabled.
- All networks have been deleted from the org. Please note that because networks with billing transactions cannot be deleted, organizations containing these networks cannot be deleted.
- There must be no devices left on the org; all devices need to be removed from networks, and the organization inventory must be empty.
- There must be no licenses left on the org (under Organization > Configure > License info). Please reference our documentation for more information on Moving Licenses.
Deleting an organization is non-reversible. The requirements listed above are to ensure nothing important is lost by deleting the organization.
Deleting an Organization
The following steps explain how to delete an organization that meets the above requirements:
- Log into Dashboard. Make sure you select the organization you intend to delete.
- Navigate to Organization > Configure > Settings.
- Click the Delete organization button:
If the delete was successful, you will either be logged out or redirected to one of your other organization (if one exists).
If the delete was not successful, there will be a descriptive error message at the top of the page. Make sure all the above requirements are met.