These are the instructions you would use to enroll a Mac OS X device with your Systems Manager network.
- Navigate to MDM > Add devices > OS X.
- There are two methods for Mac OS installation: Agent or Profile.
- For the agent method:
- Click the Download button. An agent, "MerakiPCCAgent.pkg" will download.
- After the download is complete, double-click MerakiPCCAgent.pkg.
- When the installer begins, click Continue.
- Read the Software License and click Continue.
- Click Agree to accept if prompted.
- Click Install to perform a standard installation.
- Once the installation has finished, your Mac OS device will show up under Monitor > Clients in Dashboard as soon as it has an Internet connection.
- For the profile method:
- From the device, open m.meraki.com
- Enter your network ID, where XXX-XXX-XXXX is the network-specific ID.
- Press Register.
- If using SM Enrollment Authentication then follow the prompts accordingly. For more information view the Enrollment Authentication article here.
- In the profile that appears, press Install, then Install again to confirm.
Zero-touch SM Sentry enrollment
You can also use SM Sentry to force iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS X devices to enroll in Systems Manager for an efficient mass deployment or BYOD. When enabled on a given SSID for a Cisco Meraki wireless AP, Sentry facilitates the secure and rapid onboarding and deployment of SM to mobile devices. For more information on Systems Manager Sentry enrollment, please visit the following page.
Zero-touch Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
Through integration between Systems Manager and Apple, you can automatically have devices enroll into Systems Manager both over the air and out of the box. For more information about configuring and using DEP, please view the following page.
You can set the cloud controller to send your OS X device enrollment information (from the “On-device setup” section in an email or SMS). With this method, you can also configure those devices to have a pre-determined tag upon registration.