These are the instructions you would use to enroll an iOS device with your Systems Manager network.
- From the device, open: m.meraki.com
- Enter your Network ID: Where XXX-XXX-XXX is the network specific ID
- Press register
- If using SM Enrollment Authentication then follow the prompts accordingly. For more information view the Enrollment Authentication article here.
- In the profile that appears, press 'install', then 'install' again to confirm.
- Click install, yet again, then confirm that you trust the enrollment.
- You are now done!
- Note: although iOS can be managed without use of an agent or the Systems Manger app, there are added benefits when using the Systems Manager app (e.g. GPS location, jailbreak detection). For more information about the Systems Manager iOS app, please view the following article here.
Zero-touch SM Sentry enrollment
When enabled on a given SSID for a Cisco Meraki wireless AP, Sentry facilitates the secure and rapid onboarding and deployment of SM to mobile devices. Sentry enrollment is supported on Android, iOS, Mac OS X, and Windows devices and enables employee self-service for securing BYOD devices. For more information on Systems Manager Sentry enrollment, please visit this page.
Zero-touch Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
Through integration between Systems Manager and Apple, you can automatically have devices enroll into Systems Manager both over the air and out of the box. For more information about configuring and using DEP, please view the following page.
Apple Configurator can be used to bulk configure and deploy iOS devices.
Please reference our documentation for instructions on using Apple Configurator 2.0 and later, Apple Configurator 1.5, or Apple Configurator 1.4 and earlier.
Here you can set the cloud controller to send your iOS device enrollment information (from the “On-device setup” section in an email or SMS).
You can also configure those devices to have a pre-determined tag upon registration.
Before iOS devices can be enrolled with Systems Manager, you will need to obtain an Apple MDM push certificate from https://identity.apple.com/pushcert/. This push certificate is necessary for the Meraki cloud to communicate securely with Apple's Push Notification Service.
If you have not yet done so, please follow these instructions:
- Go to the Organization tab and download your Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
- Once you’ve obtained this, log in to your Apple Push Certificates portal with your Apple ID
- Upload the CSR from your Systems Manager organization to the Apple Push Certificates Portal and download the Apple-generated MDM push certificate
- Upload the MDM push certificate back into your Meraki dashboard in the Organization tab
- Your Apple push certificate status section should now show a green check mark stating that your push notification certificate is configured correctly.