If you just want to get started without reading more in-depth information, follow these basic steps:
- Unpack and mount your switch (desktop or rack mount) and power it on.
- Plug any one of the Ethernet or fiber ports into an upstream device on your LAN. The uplink port should have access to a DHCP server and it will also need to be able to communicate with the internet.
- After powering on, your switch will download the latest software. While upgrading, the switch's power LED will flash green/white. Once the switch has checked into the dashboard, the LED will turn green/white. Note: A solid orange light indicates that the device has not checked in with the dashboard yet.
- Log in to http://dashboard.meraki.com (For any devices that are used in mainland China, please visit http://dashboard.meraki.cn and create a new network. If you do not yet have a dashboard account, choose "Create an Account") Type in the serial number of your switch (found on the back of the unit) or simply enter your order number. This will create a new switch network.
- Make your desired configuration changes under the Switch > Configure section of the dashboard.
For additional switch installation information, please refer to the MS Installation Guides article.