The Meraki Go app contains a set of helpful error messages, each with their own cause and resolution. Sometimes, an alert is more complicated than what can be comfortably described in the Go app. This document aims to provide more details around each potential problem.
In this topic all errors and alerts can be found documented with screenshots. These articles also reflect what causes these errors and how to resolve them for the long term.
- Has never connected to the Meraki cloud.
- DNS Misconfigured
- Bad IP Assignment Configuration
- Bad Internet Connection
- Poor Connectivity to the Meraki cloud
- The Cisco Meraki Cloud is having difficulty communicating with this device.
- Connection to the Cisco Meraki Cloud is using the backup Cloud connection
- Unable to find a gateway to the internet
- This device is using a DHCP IP address from VLAN # instead of using configured VLAN #.
- Configuration updates:
- This device's firmware version does not match your network firmware version.
- This device's gateway does not match that of the majority of your devices.
- High interference on channel #
- Uplink IP address in conflict with another device
- Mass disassociation event
- Radar detected on configured operating channel #
- Regulatory domain mismatch